Updated: Februrary 25, 2016
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We collect, store, and use information you give us when you create an account and use our Services. This includes:
- Contact information, like your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and your city, state, and country of residence.
- Financial information, like your bank account information or payment card information and home and billing address.
- Your username and password. Please choose a strong password that you don’t use anywhere else.
- Information sent to us by the device(s) you use to access our Services, including data on the pages you access, your location, mobile network information, device type, device ID, standard web log data, and your Internet protocol (IP) address. Although this information is generally non-identifying, where it can be used to identify you we treat it subject to the same safeguards that we apply to personal information.
- Your email address book if you invite your email contacts to try KickParty.
- Other information that you provide to us, like email messages, posts to KickParty Pages, responses in forms, and customer support requests.
Information Sent to Us by Third Parties
We may also collect information about you from other sources as permitted by law, including credit bureaus, identity verification services, or our payment processors, and combine that data with information we collect on our Services.
Why We Collect This Information
We collect personal information about you so that we can provide secure, smooth, efficient, and customized Services. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with access to and use of our Services.
- Enable Organizers to promote Pages both on and off the platform.
- Ensure our records are accurate, complete, and verified by third parties, when necessary.
- Give you amazing customer support.
- Process transactions (including those that require payment) and send you notices about them.
- Customize, measure, and improve our Services.
- Resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and collect fees.
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, promotional offers, marketing and KickParty Page updates, based on your communication preferences (email, phone, text, etc.).
- Enable you to invite your friends to try the Services via various means (such as text message, email and otherwise), if you’d like.
- So KickParty and Organizer’s can send you things in the mail like promotional materials, rewards, or purchases.
How We Share This Information
Information Shared on the Services Generally
Our services are social and community focused, which means some of your activities on the Services will be visible to other Users, as well as more broadly on the internet.
The extent to which your information is shared depends on whether you are the Organizer of or the Attendee to a public or private Page. In general, expect anyone to be able to see you started or contributed to a public Page. Private Pages are generally not available to the public at large, though it is important to understand that a private Page may be available to others whom you do not expect.
Information Shared with Page Organizers
If you contribute to a Page, we may share certain personal information about you with the Organizer, including your name, email address, mailing address, the amount of your contribution, and order specifications. We share partial payment information with KickParty Organizers, including the last four digits of your payment card number, so that they can do things like fulfill your order, process refunds, and dispute chargebacks.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We may share your personal information and financial information with:
- Payment processors or banking partners in order to facilitate your financial transactions or as required by credit card association rules.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Verified nonprofit organizations so that they can send you a receipt for your tax-deductible contribution.
- Affiliates or other trusted third parties that process personal information for us or help with our business operations, such as marketing, fraud prevention, compliance, and technology services.
- Other third parties with your consent.
As noted above, KickParty shares information with Page Organizers. Otherwise, KickParty will not provide any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes except with your prior consent. For example, we may from time to time offer co-branded experiences with other companies on the Services, and if we obtain your consent to provide your information to those companies for the identified uses in the consent, then we may share your information with them to be used according to the consents.
We reserve the right to anonymize your personal data and may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners, including publishers, advertisers, or affiliated sites. For example, we may share information with others to show trends about the general use of the Services.
We may publically feature your Page if it is public (but not if it’s private) and contributions to that Page on an examples Page on the Services. For KickParty Organizers, we may publically feature your Page or you as a user on educational and client list pages and in marketing and promotional materials, including the trademarks you use on our Services.
Like many other websites, we may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications. We use these technologies to:
- Recognize you as a customer.
- Customize our Services, content, advertising, marketing, and targeting, and measure their effectiveness.
- Help ensure that your account security is not compromised, mitigate risk and prevent fraud, and promote trust and safety across our Website and the Services.
We may use both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device until you erase them or they expire. We may tie the information gathered to our users' personally identifiable information.
Some browsers make it possible for you to signal that you don’t want your internet browsing activity to be tracked. There is currently no consensus on how to best honor these signals, so we don’t respond to “do not track” requests at this time. Declining our cookies may interfere with your use of our Services.
How We Protect Your Information
We and our cloud provider protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Safeguards include firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to the data centers, and information access authorization controls.
When you enter financial information (such as a payment card number or your bank account information) on our Services, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
To the extent we transmit and store your cardholder data, we do so under the most stringent credit card security standard: PCI Compliance Level 1. A PCI-certified auditor verified and awarded us this level of security and compliance.
We work hard to secure your data, but nobody is perfect. If you discover a vulnerability in our Services, we would be grateful for your report and encourage you to let us know immediately. To report a bug, please email [email protected]
KickParty expressly disclaims any liability resulting from a third party breach of your data. KickParty has disclosed those actions taken to secure your information. You understand and assume any risk associated with the use of the Services resulting from a breach of their protection efforts.
Retention of Your Information
You can share things on the Services through other services you use like Facebook and Twitter. Please be aware of your settings on those other services. They may collect your IP address, track pages you visit on our site, and set cookies, among other things.
Our Services are Global
Reach Out To Us